9.28.2011

screaming down the mountain

'Screaming down the mountain' is not a description of the speed of my driving. I knew I would be hoarse by the time I reached the bottom, but I didn't care. It felt like my head and heart were being ripped off of my body as I drove out of the YWAM parking lot, watching Josh slowly wander back to the center of the camp that will be his home for the next 3 months.
As we unloaded his stuff, he found the cards I'd written, tucked into his backpack. 1 of them said, "to be opened when you think this was all a  big mistake."  He looked at me and quipped, "So, Mom, you mean I'm never supposed to open this one?" We laughed.
That attitude is 1 big difference between Josh and me.
Yes, he'll be ok.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great mum you are!!!

Love you and miss you and looking forward to see you in a few weeks!